Today I wrote a commentary on writers’ reactions to Apple’s new iBooks Author app. My article, “iBooks Author Elicits Mixed Reactions,” appears on MacMost.com. Please take a read and comment here or there.
I do value your comments! If you like the article, please FaceBook, Tweet, or Google+ it, I’d appreciate the traffic.
MacMost is best known for providing a
library of useful tutorial videos created by Gary Rosenzweig. Gary has a long history in the Apple-related product market and has published 16 books on the iPad, Macs, and programming.
If you want to read more about the rumblings about iBooks Author, please see below.
Background on iBooks Author and Controversy
- Apple Press Release on iBooks 2 for iPad and iBooks Author.
- Bott, Ed. “Apple’s mind-bogglingly greedy and evil license agreement.” ZD Net, The Ed Bott Report, 1/19/12.
- Chatterjee, Surojit. “Apple iBooks Author: Top 10 Limitations Despite Taking Sting Out of Book Creation.” International Business Times, 1/19/12.
- Rosenweig, Gary. “iBooks Author Overview.” MacMost, 1/23/12. (video)
- Smith, Dave. “Apple Kills the Textbook with iBooks 2, iBooks Author.” International Business Times, 1/19/12.
- Wineman, Dan. “The Unprecedented Audacity of the iBooks Author EULA.” Venomous Porridge, 1/19/12.